At SpiritHorse, we love our volunteers! Without their help, we could not do the good work we do each day to help others. Whatever your interest, we likely have a place for you!
Here are a few important things for every prospective volunteer to know:
• You’ll have fun and learn a lot! (and not just about horses)
• No horse experience is necessary but we'll take horse experts too!
• We take folks of all ages! The minimum age for assisting with lessons is 14 but kids younger than 14 can help us in the barn and with other activities. Volunteers under the age of 18 need to have parental consent.
• You will need to attend an Orientation Session covering horse care, safety procedures, disability awareness.
• For continuity with our clients and the horses, we ask that our volunteers commit to helping out at least one 3-hour time slot each week for at least 8 weeks.